Nov 19, 2013

Seriously? You did not just ask me that!

I read an interesting blog post the other day about Stay at Home Mothers (SAHM). 
 
 Reading this man's story made me think of a conversation I had years ago with my brother-in-law.  At the time, I only had two young kids.   They were 22 months and eight months old (yes, you did the math right . . . my two oldest are only 14 months apart in age); and my brother-in-law was a clueless single college student.  He was hanging out at our house doing laundry and eating all our food (you know typical college-age stuff).  I was feeding a bottle to baby #2, while, at the same time, filling up a kiddy pool for #1 to play in.  Out comes my brother-in-law, clearly not seeing that I had my hands full trying to help #1 get undressed with one hand, while holding #2 and balancing her bottle with the other hand (things only a mother can do).  Sitting down beside me he asks, "So what do you do all day?  Don't you get bored?"
 
Seriously? You did not just ask me that!
I love my children, and I am really grateful for all the "boring" days I've spent at home being their mother.