Jan 17, 2012

Grandparents Matter





This is AWESOME!  It is scientically proven that Grandparents Matter.  The relationship children have with their grandparents (close-by or living far away) makes a difference in their lives. 

The study showed  that grandchildren with more grandparent involvement were more likely to:

*  look outside of their family and friend circles to reach out to others
*  help others even when inconvenient or hard
*  be more service oriented and likely to volunteer

 "I hope parents will not overlook the potentially powerful asset grandparents can be. Grandparents can be welcomed and listened to in formal councils or on informal occasions. They've walked the road of life 30 or more years longer than anyone else in the council. Even if grandparents live far away, grandchildren can call or email; I know ours do. A single parent may have this resource and may not be utilizing it. Grandparents can be a tremendous resource." - Elder M. Russell Ballard

I'm grateful for the influence of my grandparents, Clint's grandparents, and my children's grandparents (our parents),and for the relationship they have with my family especially my children.