Jan 21, 2014

A Prayer of Thanks


Whenever its our 5 year old's turn to say family prayer, her prayers always go something like this:

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you that we can be a family
Thank you that we had a good day today
Thank you that we are safe
Thank you that the kids can go to school
Thank you that daddy go can to work
Thank you that we can have fun at home
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Her entire prayer is a prayer of thanks.  She thanks God for the blessings received, and she thanks Him in advance for the blessings she is asking for.  
This has become a great lesson to me.  I've learned that I need to thank God more.  This week during my prayers I'm going to focus less on asking to be blessed and more on thanking Heavenly Father for all the things he has already blessed me with (and there are many).

"How much better it would be if all could be more aware of God’s providence and love and express that gratitude to Him.  Our degree of gratitude is a measure of our love for Him."

Another awesome story here