Jan 31, 2014

Still going strong

It was one week ago today I said adios, goodbye, ciao to social media.  That first day was difficult, as all habits are hard to break.  Whenever I felt the urge/need/want to scroll through my Instagram or Facebook feed, I instead read an article from a Church magazine, a much better way to spend my time!

With a lack of social media in my life, I'm noticing that:

- I sleep better
-I suddenly have more time in my day
-My self-esteem is rising
-I'm feeling the Spirit more often
-I "play" more with my kids

 Have you seen this video?  
For you Apple users, Here is the Link
How sad is this?

My feelings are similar to Elder David Bednar's when he said:
"Please understand. I am not suggesting all  technology [ or social media] is inherently bad; it is not. Nor am I saying we should not use its many capabilities in appropriate ways to learn, to communicate, to lift and brighten lives, and to build and strengthen the Church; of course we should.  . .
"I offer two questions for consideration :
1. Does the use of various technologies and [social] media invite or impede the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost in your life?
2. Does the time you spend using various technologies and [social] media enlarge or restrict your capacity to live, to love, and to serve in meaningful ways?"  

      Again, Apple uses, Here is the Link