Feb 18, 2014

Sweethearts Dance and Prayers

Remember this?  If not, you can refresh your memory here.
Well, the big day finally arrived last Saturday.
We had THE DRESS
Let me tell you about the dress. 
Knowing Sis (#2) would need a semi-formal, and that that one dress, which she would probably only wear one time, could be really expensive, I began praying for help to find a dress within our budget. 
Sis had seen a photo of a dress she liked on Instagram unfortunately, we had no idea where to purchase a similar dress.  So I turned to my BFF, Google, she knows everything. 
 
 I typed in "gold sequin tulle dress".  Bam!  My BFF told me I could buy something very similar for $100 at Macey's.  I then did another search for the name and brand of that dress. Bam again!  (Google never disappoints) There was another similar dress at Nordstrom for $90.  Through similar searches I found a few more but each was no cheaper than $65. . . Still more than I wanted to pay. 
Then something amazing happened, and I still to this day don't even know how.  Some how on my screen the exact dress Sis had seen on Instagram showed up.  JCPenny had it, and it was on sale!  
 
The story gets even better:  the day before a $10 off coupon for JCPenny had come in the mail!  WOW!  We got the exact dress Sis wanted for . . . . .
 
Drum Roll
 
Please
. . .. .. . . . .. . . .
 
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 
$29.00
I had to add a layer of tulle to the bottom to make it long enough for Miss Long Legs, but for $29, I'm not complaining.  This whole experience has reaffirmed to me that prayers ARE MOST DEFINITELY answered.  We just need to ask.
Side note:  In this picture I am wearing 5 inch platform shoes and Sis is wearing flats.  Waaaahh!!!!
The Boutonniere
 We even had a volunteer for Boutonniere Pinning 101.    
Here is The Welcoming Committee who thought it'd be really "welcoming" to jump out from behind the door.
  and The Look-Outs
"Sissy, your boyfriend is here!!!!"
 and finally, we have THE DATE!
and aren't they cute.