Mar 13, 2014

Audiobooks- Oh how I love thee!

I love listening to audiobooks while I'm cleaning, folding laundry, making dinner, etc.  I just upload them onto my smartphone, put in my earbuds and go to town.  Chores just became fun (Well kind of).
Here's some of what I've been listening to lately:
How To Hug a Teenage Porcupine
by Dr. John L. Lund

This is my 2nd time, in less than a year, listening to this audiobook. Dr. Lund shares some really powerful insights and ideas.

Farm_wisdom_tcd.f_detail
by John Bytheway

John Bytheway- He always entertaining.  My favorite John Bytheway audiobook is Dating 9-1-1
Be_who_you_are_detail
by Hank Smith
I LOVE Hank Smith!!!!  He's is a great speaker.  All of his talks are so good!

3227067_detail
Life is a Football Game
by Troy Dunn

I really like talks for youth.  Can you tell?
This one is a classic!  I mentioned this talk here.
5023336_sheri_dew_collection_detail
by Sheri Dew (of course)
This audio includes six books/talks:
The Savior Heals Without a Scar
    God Wants a Powerful People
      Famous Last Words
        Living on the Lord’s Side of the Line
          This Is a Test. It Is Only a Test
            If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn’t Be Hard
            All six are awesome!
            Speaking of Sheri Dew, I'm reading her book
            Women_and_the_priesthood_cover_detail
            If you haven't read this yet, you should.  It is incredible!

            AND LAST ONE
            Rescuing_wayward_children_detail
            by Larry Barkdull

            Another parenting book.  This book teaches that for some of us, it is our duty to be missionaries to and redeem our own children.  If you have a family member who is struggling or has fallen away from the Gospel, this is a great book to listen to.

            I recently discovered that you can download audiobooks right off of Deseret Book's website.  They have tons and they're pretty reasonably priced too.