May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Tradition

 Since the beginning of what seems like forever, the Sunday evening before Memorial Day my family gets together to honor and pay tribute to our ancestors who have gone on before.
 After a family dinner, we drive to the cemetery to visit the graves of my grandparents and great-grandparents, 
  bringing flowers, and for those who served in the military, an American flag. 
(all of my grandpa's and Clint's served in the military)
Year after year, as I remember and learn more about these deceased family members, I'm honored to have come from such a great heritage.
I'd like to think my ancestors are pretty proud of their posterity too.  I know I am.
Happy Memorial Day! 
 I am forever grateful to the many men and women who have served this country, and protected our freedom.  THANK YOU!