Jun 6, 2014

A Mother's Influence

This week, we've been busy creating memories. 
 I've also been thinking a lot this past week about the following quote:
 "A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else has, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress, affect the lives of her children and the whole family."
--President N. Eldon Tanner
 But not just my little family today, but also the 1,000's, even millions who have yet to be born.  My influence today will pass through the generations to come.  How do I want them to be?  How do I want them to act?  What do I want them to believe, to stand for? That is how I must be.
I must remember, my children are watching me- the way I dress, the way I act, the way I treat others, how I speak, and how I respond; and they follow.  I teach them how and what to be through my example, and in turn, their children will learn through their example, and so on through the generations.  So, if I think about it, what I do everyday literally influences 1,000's. 

Read a great talk about A Mother's Influence HERE