Jul 22, 2014

Family Reunion- Day 1

Over the weekend, we (along with my sister and my brother and their families) visited my parents up at Heber Valley Camp (HVC), where they are currently serving an LDS mission.
We had a blast!
The first thing we did was harness everyone up for the GIANT SWING. 
Yep, I said Giant Swing!!!
 After getting hooked up to a cable, and after a pep-talk from Grandma,
 you sit back, hold on tight to a lift-rope, and allow 4-5 people to hoist you up.
 I'm not sure how high, but I'm guessing 15 feet or so.  I just know that it was really high.
 Then you let go of the rope
and fly!
 Even kids can do it.  For the little littles (even my one and a half year old nephew), two missionaries push them back and forth a few times.  I secretly think this is their favorite.  All the missionaries had so much fun playing with these little kids as they swung them back and forth.  It was really cute to watch.
For older kids, like this one here, they only raise them half to three-quarters of the way up before letting them go. 
 Then it was off to the lake.
 Half the fam canoed
 the other half chose to paddle boat. 
 My oldest had to work so Clint and he drove up later that night, just in time for our time on the lake.  This just might be one of the last "vacations" my family takes all together (waahhh), so I was glad everyone could make it.
It's so much fun to get together with family and laugh
 and visit
and play together.
We ended the night by roasting marshmallows around the campfire and playing Big Booty.