Jan 8, 2015

When the All the Stars Align-

A few days ago as I was calendaring all the important dates for 2015, I noticed we have some really BIG, noteworthy, rite-of-passage birthdays happening this year!
This once little one will turn EIGHT this month!
For members of The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints, this is the age she can choose to be baptized.  THIS IS A BIG DEAL! 
 #5 is excited for this big event.  For weeks, she has been planning her guest list, what she wants to do to celebrate, and even how she wants to decorate.
A month later, this no longer toothless guy will officially be a Teenager.
Lucky Birthday # 13!
#4 has grown so much this past year.  He is no longer a boy.  He's a big kid.
And that makes me want to cry!
Next up:  It just blows my mind that this handsome guy will celebrate his SWEET 16 this July.  Really?  How can this be? 
Driving. . . .Dating?!. . . .oh my!  I'm not sure I'm ready for this.
This girl turns into an official woman this year.
She will be 18 - EIGHTEEN PEOPLE!- in November.  It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I will have two adult children.  I'm too young to have adult children. *sigh*
When I mentioned this big birthday to her, she said, "I know- It's so weird!"
Apparently she can't believe it either, and that makes me feel just a little bit better.
And last but not least- this boy, my oldest.  He will celebrate officially becoming an adult in the lovely state of Utah this September when he turns 19.
That means 19 years ago I was childless (heck!  I was still a child).  I had yet to experience the pure joy that comes from being a mother.  If I could go back and talk to my younger self, I would tell her to get ready and to get excited.  She has an awesome life full of love, children, learning, and wonderful things ahead of herself.