Feb 17, 2015

Angels among us-

This morning in my scripture study the reading was about the resurrection of Christ found in Matthew 28.  At the very end of that chapter, Christ says, 
"I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."

Christ is always there for us.  BUT I think it is up to us to recognize and acknowledge His presence in our lives.
"God does notice us, and he watches over us, but its usually through another person that he meets our needs." 

A few weeks ago I was having a particularly rough morning.  I had received some devastating news.  I knew it was coming, but when it officially came, it hurt.  And it hurt bad!  I held myself together until I dropped the last of the children off to school.  As soon as I walked in the door, I immediately began to pray.  I cried and sobbed, and cried and sobbed as I told Heavenly Father how disappointed I was, how much I hurt, and how frustrated I was.  I was feeling like a failure, and a  terrible mother.  I was having myself a grand ol' pity party! 

 I kid you not, the second I ended my prayer, the doorbell rang.  No way was I going to answer the door.  I had just been crying my eyes out, and my face showed it.
A few minutes later I received a text from a friend informing me that she had left something at my door.  Sure enough, on my porch was a bucket of candy, this picture of the Savior, 

and a copy of the conference talk "You Can Do It Now!"by President Uchtdorf.   At the end of this talk, President Uchtdorf says, ". . . My dear friends, there will be times when you think you cannot continue on.  Trust the Savior and His love.  With faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the power of hope of the restored gospel, you will be able to walk tall and continue on."

 I messaged back my friend and explained what I had just been doing and why I didn't answer the door.  She told me she was led to my door.  She knew she needed to reach out to me.  

Coincidence?  No.  It wasn't at all.  The Lord sent an angel to comfort me and help me during my time of need, to remind me that He is there, He has a plan, and everything is going to be okay.  I am so grateful she chose to listen to the Spirit that day.  It was a testimony building experience for both of us.
". . .We are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."

In my attempts to connect more with my Savior, I have been trying to recognize and see the hand of the Lord more in my life.  The more I become aware of Him, the more I see that He is always -always- there for me, and He is there for you too.