Mar 19, 2015

The Dress!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love being a mom?  I do, I love it!  I love my relationships with each of my children, and the satisfaction I get from seeing my children grow and make righteous choices.
-Warning: this is another brag post-
My daughter and I have spent several days out shopping for a Prom dress. (Remember THIS?)
It has been so much fun!  In fact, I wanted to play dress-up and try on dresses too, but I reminded myself that I was the almost 40 year-old mother and somehow, I kept myself in check. 
 As #2 picked out dress after dress to try on, it was fun to see her tastes and style preferences.
 Nothing poofy (princess dresses definitely are out), not too much sparkle or bling, something with some color - She was really into teal and coral/salmon (Did you know these are the same color just different names? -I'm talking about coral and salmon not teal and coral- Yep- it's the tomAto - tomato thing.).
What I was most proud of was her choice to dress modestly.  Without me even saying a word, she wanted only a dress with sleeves (the dress she chose is getting a cap sleeve sewn on), a dress that's high in the front and the back, and something not too form fitting.  
She knows that modest is hottest and that makes this mama very happy.


Which one of these dresses is your favorite?
Which one do you think she chose?