May 19, 2015

Blessing Walk

 I recently read in a book an idea I absolutely love.  The author said her first thoughts on awakening before she even opens her eyes are to be thankful for everything she can think of.
I love the idea of counting your blessings and naming them one by one before your day really starts.
I decided to combine this practice with exercise.  I call it a Blessing Walk.  Each morning I've begun walking up the hill from my house, and as I walk I thank Heavenly Father for everything I can think of.  Trees, the mountains, the rain, my children, the deer, my feet, my health, etc.  I keep going until I my walk is over.
This has been an amazing way to start my day!

"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love,"

President Thomas S. Monson