May 4, 2015

My Body is a Temple

Take responsibility for your own physical well-being.Your soul consists of your body and spirit (see D&C 88:15). Feeding the spirit while neglecting the body, which is a temple, usually leads to spiritual dissonance and lowered self-esteem. If you are out of shape, if you are uncomfortable in your own body and can do something about it, then do it! Elder Russell M. Nelson has taught that we should “regard our body as a temple of our very own” and that we should “control our diet and exercise for physical fitness” (“We Are Children of God,” Ensign, Nov. 1998, 87; Liahona, Jan. 1999, 103).
I'm getting pretty serious about taking back my health.  I've been exercising and eating healthy, and I'm beginning to feel (and look) so much better.
Today I'm starting another round of Whole30 to to hold me accountable through the summer.  I've been eating a paleo diet for the most part, but I've been cheating here and there, and I can feel it.

School is almost out for summer break, which means I'll have six sweet little kids at home, and those six sweet little kids also love to create and bake and cook sweet little things in the kitchen.  There is always a treat someone has made (healthy or not) lying around.  So to make sure I don't fall off the health bandwagon, I'm holding myself accountable with a Whole30 (maybe even 100 days instead of 30 -we'll see).   
After my first Whole30, back in January, I felt so good that I decided it was time to exercise again.  I found Bikini Body Mommy's awesome 90-day challenge.  She emails you a Youtube workout every day for 90 days (Sundays are a rest day-yay!).  They are short (around 20 minutes) and you do as many reps as you feel able to do that day.  EASY-PEASY!  It worked for me because:
1. I didn't have to come up with an exercise routine, and 
2.  It was sent to my inbox every single day!  
By the end of the 90 days, I had lost 20+ total inches.  (I have muscle definition I have never -NEVER- had before.  It's pretty awesome.)

Bikini Body Mommy's next 90-day challenge starts today!  I just finished my workout and it's awesome! . . . only 89 more days to go.