Oct 1, 2015

Challenge

At the end of the school year, last year (as in May 29,  2015) I had the brilliant idea to challeng my family to read the whole entire Book of Mormon before school began in August.  If they finished it, I would take them to the amusement park.  
I don't know what I was thinking!  I know now that 6 weeks is not a lot of time.  We would have to read 4 chapters a day in order to finish on time. I knew my two youngest would need help so, each night before bed I would read to them for what seemed like hours, also during the day, while eating lunch, we would listen to the audio version.  Needless to say, we missed a few days, and we didn't finish it.  In fact, we only made it a little over halfway through Alma!   

We are continuing to read a little each day, and hope to finish it before school gets out next year.

A few weeks ago, I was challenged to read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of the year.  I accepted the challenge, and now I'm challenging YOU!  
There are 531 pages and 239 chapters in the Book of Mormon.
If you begin today, you have 92 days. So, if you want to read by pages, you need to read 6 pages per day. 
If you want to read by chapters it equals out to be about 2.5 chapters a day.

So what do you say?  Want to read with me?