Jan 26, 2016

A Plea to My Sisters

by President Russell M. Nelson

If you're a woman and are reading this, wasn't this talk empowering?  I love President Nelson's list of all the amazing things women are, and are capable of. The female sex is powerful. This talk makes me want to shout from the top of my lungs:
"I am Woman. Hear me ROAR!"

This little pep-talk definitely fired me up and encouraged me to 
"Rise to [my] full stature"
and to
  "Step forward  and take [my] rightful and needful place in [my] home, community, and the Kingdom of God."
- to be a better mother, daughter, wife, neighbor, leader, Church member, friend, and daughter of God.
President Nelson makes us a promise.  He says,
"I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that as you do so, the Holy Ghost will magnify your influence in an unprecedented way!"

From this talk, I listed 52 amazing incredible things that woman have the potential to be.
It is by no means a check-list of everything we individually should be -or else- but a list of qualities and abilities we as the female race bring to the Church and society.

Like I said, it made me proud to be a woman.
Some of my favorite quotes:

"The kingdom of God is not and cannot be complete without women who make sacred covenants and then keep them, women who can speak with the power and authority of God."
- - - - - - - -
"Sisters, do you realize the breadth and scope of your influence when you speak those things that come to your heart and mind as directed by the Spirit?"
- - - - - - - - 
"We need women who know how to make important things happen by their faith and who are courageous defenders of morality and families in a sin-sick world."
- - - - - - - - -

". . .We need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ and who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation.
"We need women who can detect deception in all of its forms. We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers and who express their beliefs with confidence and charity. We need women who have the courage and vision of our Mother Eve."
- - - - - - - -
"Nothing is more crucial to your eternal life than your own conversion. It is converted, covenant-keeping women- whose righteous lives will increasingly stand out in a deteriorating world and who will thus be seen as different and distinct in the happiest of ways."