Jan 11, 2016

Turn to Him and Answers Will Come

by Elder James B. Martino

Elder Martino's talk was all about how to receive answers or personal revelation.
He shares with us 5 things we can do that will help us to receive answers from Him:
1. Ask with a "sincere heart" and "real intent", not just out of curiosity
2.. Be Obedient
3.Bear with Patience our Afflictions
(don't whine and complain!)
4.Study the Scriptures
5. Prayer Combined with Fasting

This talk inspired me to STOP the MURMURING!  Instead of complaining and whining, I need to turn to God, increase in obedience, daily scripture study, fasting, and prayer.

My favorite quotes from this talk were:
"Our response to life's experiences will often greatly influence our testimonies."

When life throws me a punch or a "faith promoting experience", how do I react?
Do I act like Laman and Lemuel - whine, complain, and learning nothing from the experience?
OR
Do I act like Nephi and the Sons of Mosiah - turning to God, bear with patience mine afflictions, and learn what He wants me to learn?
This talk reminds me that it's my choice.

"If you have been tempted to murmur, if you have had doubt that leads to unbelief, if trials seem more than you can bear, turn to Him."

"Be obedient, remember the times when you have felt the Spirit in the past, and ask in Faith.  Your answer will come, and you will feel the love and peace of the Savior.  It may not come as quickly or in the format you desire, but the answer will come. Do not give up!  Never give up!
"Turn to Him and your prayers will be answered."