Mar 21, 2016

Ramblings

Last Friday I realized that I hadn't posted one single post all week.
So let me give you a little update:
p.s.- this picture has nothing to do with anything.  I just think it's cute and my husband is HAWT!

1. We've been sick - Mentally and Physically Sick
Some have had Bronchitis and others have had made-up stomach aches.
The Bronchitis I can handle, the anxious pretend stomach aches I can't.  It is physically and emotionally draining to cure the "I don't want to go to school because___________, so I'll pretend I have a stomach ache or I'll worry so much I give myself a stomach ache. Once school is underway, this child is miraculously cured!

Hallelujah! It's a miracle.

Except it's not. What it is is exhausting. We've talked with school counselors and teachers.  We even visited the doctor- you know, "just to make sure". Finally I just had to put on my mean mom jeans and tell this child that if he/she wasn't throwing up and/or if there was no fever, he/she was going to school! With a grand finale of "AND you better not call me "sick" from school because I will not come pick you up."

There may have been some finger wagging and head bobbing when we had this little discussion.

After a tons of crocodile tears and a lot (I mean a LOT) of whining, finally everyone is back in school.

Hallelujah!  Now that's a miracle.

2. Speaking of exhausting, The hubs and I have been planning out our landscaping.
When we bought our house three years ago, it didn't have a yard.  Our realtor told us it would cost us around $5000 to landscape it. HA! What he meant to say was that it would cost us around $5000 times 6. 
Since we can't afford that, we have decided to do a little at a time. Last year we spent way too much on dirt. Doesn't that sound like an oxymoron? You buy dirt to add to the dirt you're trying to cover up with grass. Yeah weird, but if we didn't, our grass would be half a foot below the sidewalks, and that could cause a lot of sprained ankles.

This year, we are installing (by ourselves) the sprinkler system. Before you do this, however, you need to map out where everything is going to go - flower beds, rock-walls, patios, basketball court (yes that will come eventually), and the garden spot.  This was hard- way too many decisions. BUT I think we came up with a plan that will eventually give us an awesome yard.

3. #3's first dance, Preference, was on Saturday. I posted a photo on Instagram and I'll post more photos here on Wednesday. I had to laugh when #3's friend took the words right out of my mouth by commented: "They grow up so fast!" Boy do they!

4. We've lost another library book. 
UGGH!
If you happen to see the book Ellie and the Good Luck Pig will you send it this way please.
Thanks!