Dec 6, 2016

Birthday Week (Part III)

  It's the Wednesday of our Birthday Week, and we're still celebrating!  This day was spent at Disney's California Adventure!
 This day was the hottest day of our entire trip. The temperature reached up 97 degrees this day.
Coming from Utah's 40 degree weather, this was hot!
 
There are a handful of rides I would choose to pass on:
Silly Symphony or what I call the swings - They make me sick.
Too much spinning and I have a "slight" phobia of heights.
Grizzly River Run- I hate walking around in wet clothes. . . .But I went on it, and lucky for me the geyser missed our boat and hit the boat behind us that #2 and #3 were on. 

Why is it so fun to watch people get drenched as long as it's not you?
Another ride I would definitely pass on is Tower of Terror- Unlike Tom Petty, Free Fallin is not my thing. 
  But remember the rules?
1. Be flexible and have fun
2. You have to ride everything once.
 If I was "forcing" my children to try everything at least once, that meant I had to put on my big girl pants and take one for the team.
Here we are on the Tower of Terror right before the first drop. This was my and the little girl's first time riding this ride (they were too little and I was too scared). Don't let my smile fool you. I was a nervous wreck. I was just trying to trick #6 into thinking all was well, when in reality, it wasn't. We made the 'mistake' of riding this at night, in the dark. I'm talking pitch black, people!  
#6 was nervous before we even got in line. I kept telling her over and over again, "Grandma Dorothy loves this ride. If she can ride it, so can you."
Scariest thing IN MY LIFE! I hated it. I cried, peed my pants, and cried some more.
 #6 was in a state of shock for the rest of the night. 

I mean just look at her face.

By the way, WHAT IS WRONG with my Gram?! I mean seriously, that was NOT fun.
How did her heart not stop right then and there on that first drop?
 Okay, okay, I'll stop ranting and finish this post with a few more pictures from the day.