Sep 25, 2014

ABC's and Addresses

I wanted to post today about #2's date to Sadie's but the girl who took all the photos is a little slow in getting done.  So, I'm going to wait until I have photos to show.   Instead I'll tell you about one of the sneaky mom tricks I like to use.
These two girls love to play school.  I'd like to say they evenly take turns being the teacher and the student, but usually that's not the case.  #5 dominates and is the teacher the majority of the time.  I use this to my advantage.  

Last week, my little kindergartner was suppose to memorize her address and phone number.  So, I wrote them down on a piece of paper, handed it to "Teacher" and let her teach away.
"Teacher" would say it
and "Pupil" would repeat it.  After about 30 minutes, #6 had our address memorized (which is mostly made up of  numbers - 12 to be exact- That's no easy feat!), and I had dinner made.