Jul 27, 2015

Don't You Quit!

Do you ever feel like you're stuck in a whirlwind?  You keep spinning and spinning hoping that on the next spin you'll pop out on top.
This year, I'm working on Spiritually connecting with a bunch of things (you can read about that HERE).  As I've been working hard to better myself, the Adversary has also been working hard to thwart my plans, my hopes, my goals, my desires, really any little thing he can.  There are times when I feel so accomplished, content, and happy with where I am and how far I've come.  I feel like I've finally 'got it all together'.  I'm doing good!  Then that whirlwind comes around and sucks me back down to its pit of discouragement, frustration, doubting, and even at times, sadness.  

For the past six months I've been going around and around in this crazy whirlwind.  I'm hoping by year's end I'll end up on top a better, stronger person.

We all have tough times, moments of discouragement, and occasions when life seems to be beating the crap out of us. This, my friends, is the Adversary at work.  He's good at what he does, after-all he's had several 1000s of years to perfect his skills.  How do we beat him at his own game?  How do we make sure we end up on top?  We trust God, and center our life on and around His son, Jesus Christ.

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. - Helaman 5:12

Having a life centered on Jesus Christ means that we keep trying. We must trust that God knows what is best for us, and then keep doing the things He has asked us to do, no matter what.- 
We pray even when we feel like we're not being answered.  We continue to read and study the scriptures everyday.  We get up and exercise, and feed our body healthy foods even if we're not physically getting the results we want.  We strive to be kind to those who don't deserve out kindness.  We continue to serve others.

As long as we keep trying, no matter how hard the devil tries to keep us at the bottom of the whirlwind, Christ will buoy us up and we will end up on top.

I love this quote from Elder Holland:
 “Don’t give up. . .
 Don’t you quit. 
You keep walking. 
You keep trying. 
There is help and happiness ahead. . .
You keep your chin up. 
It will be all right in the end. 
Trust God and believe in good things to come."
(source)
And that is exactly what I plan to do.