Feb 5, 2016

Randomness and Other Things

A.) The kids celebrated their 100th day of school last week. 
That means that I have less than 80 days of a quiet house left before the madness of summer comes.
Just thinking about it makes me want to go take a nap.
 II.) #6 has grown hair! It's a miracle. It took her almost 8 years to do it, but she did it.
Yesterday she wore it down, AND she let me curl it - That's a BIG DEAL!
I called her "Lady Lovely-Locks" all day. She scowled at me, but I think she secretly liked it.
3.) I saved the best picture for last. my fine-looking husband fixing the water heater.
(*whistle*)
 He did this after he fixed the dryer.
The water heater's pressure valve was broken and was leaking water all over the floor.
Just over a month ago, this room was covered with wrapped Christmas presents. Can you imagine what a mess it would have been if the water heater had decided to break then?  
I give all the credit to the grace of God.

After 3 weeks, we now have a dryer.
We were able to find a shop that would repair the broken control panel of our dryer.
(When I say we, I mean my handsome handyman-)
I've never been so excited to do laundry before in my life.  I did 4 loads last night, and I've done 2 so far this morning.  I'm like a crazy woman washing everything in the house- sheets, bedding, pillows, the dog (oh wait, we don't have a dog). It's so nice to be able to have soft, warm clothes again.
No more scratchy underwear!
Whoo-Hoo!