Sep 30, 2014

Families Are Forever

My babies- 
Purposely dress alike because "we're best friends and that's what best friends do".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This year in Primary (a Sunday School for children under 12), the theme for the children is Families Are Forever.  Last Sunday, my two youngest, and the rest of the Primary presented to the congregation what they have learned so far this year.  The kids have different speaking parts and sing songs they have learned.  It's always really cute.

My favorite song this year is The Family is of God by Matthew Neeley.
This song teaches the importance of not only families but also the role each family member plays:

1. Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.
2. A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.
3. A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.
4. I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:
[Chorus]
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.
I can't sing it or even listen to it without the sweet Spirit testifying of it's truthfulness.
I am so grateful "God gave us families" to be each other's best friend and to help each other to learn and grow.