Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fundraiser

Our elementary school is doing an odd fundraiser.  They've asked each of student, over the next two months, to run the total miles of either a half marathon or a full marathon.  Then ask family and friends to reward/sponsor them with $5 which they will then donate to the school.

Although I'm not a fan, my girls are adamant about participating.
Luckily, the first night, our neighbors, invited our girls to run around the block with them (a total of 1 mile).
Not only did they run, but our neighbor, Brent, had them doing jumping jacks, sit-ups, push-ups, and Warrior Poise (it's a yoga thing).  They loved it.

The next night, Clint and I took them to the High School track where our little ladies led us in not only running around the track (4 times, 5 times for #6) but also doing sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, and running the bleachers.  Phew! I'm winded again just typing this.

Even though I think it's a silly fundraiser, it's sure helping me get in shape!  (Which was maybe their plan all along.) So maybe instead of complaining, I should be thanking them instead.

1 comment:

FerneClan said...

Do you ever walk in the morning? I've often wondered about the canal road just down the road from the school and thought hmmm who would want to walk with me.
Just a thought....... I could drive Jman Jr. to school.