Dec 5, 2014

One of those days. . ..

Do you ever have one of those days where it feels like you are running, running, running, but you never really get anything accomplished?  That was my day yesterday.  By the time 5:30 rolled around, I was exhausted and had nothing to show for it.  My day wasn't through though.  There was still dinner to be made (which I put Mr. Collins in charge of - Grilled chicken that he kind of sort of forgot about.  All I can say is ranch dressing makes even the driest of meat edible), parent teacher conferences for my Jr Highers to attend, a tree to finish wrapping lights around (yep still working on that project), a meeting for Clint, a messy cluttery house to pick up, and last but not least, the bedtime routine - pj's on, scriptures and prayers, teeth brushed, and a bedtime story read.  And I won't even mention the three complete melt-downs we had in the course of a hour (four if you count mine).

Half-way through dinner, after things had settled down, I was overwhelmed with an immense feeling of gratitude for the phase of life I am in right now.  I'm grateful for the busyness, the melt-downs, the messy house, bedtimes stories, and kisses good-night.
I posted this quote from Marjorie Hinckley on Instagram this past week.  I need to remember to simplify, and be content and enjoy every minute of the phase of life I'm in.