Dec 9, 2014

"Not the Gumdrop Buttons!"

Yesterday my mom, and sister, and I got together for Cookie Day at my house.  We baked all day, and I mean all day.  We started at 9:00 am and the last person didn't leave until 5:30- we didn't even finish wrapping all the goodie plates.  I'll post more about our cookie day later.
So, after a long (but fun) day, my kids reminded me that I had promised them we would bake and decorate gingerbread men for FHE.  AHHHH!  The last thing I wanted to do was bake more cookies, but a promise is a promise.  Despite my aching tired body, I put my apron back on and along with making dinner, I (with the help- thankfully) made 8 (and only 8) gingerbread shaped sugar cookies.
 We had a blast decorating them, which made the effort totally worth it. 





 This is the face I got when I said "smile!".
This man, created by #3, compete with mustache, sombrero, and burrito, made me laugh.

 This little girl gets the reward for most diligent.  She spent over an hour on her cookie. 
 By the time she was finished, there was not one part of her cookie that was not covered in candy.
We ended the night by watching THIS VIDEO and talking about the true meaning of Christmas.