1. We've been having some totally awesome sunsets lately.
We have not lately been having much snow. There's a little on the ground from the last snow storm but not much. I WANT A WHITE CHRISTMAS GOSH DANGIT!!!!!
I guess if we can't have snow, I'll take the painted skies.
They are really beautiful.
2. Yesterday morning this tiny thing woke up with a headache. I let her lay in my bed, hoping a little more sleep would cure her. She never slept, but played with her My Little Ponies instead. Then she decided she was hungry, so out to the kitchen we went. I poured her a bowl of Rice Krispies. Before she even took a bite, she accidentally spilled it because she was doing her Barbie Stylin' -Head's hair while eating her cereal. UGH! After cleaning up the mess and pouring yet another bowl of cereal, she decided her tummy hurt and back to my bed she went. Right as I sat down to my yummy breakfast of latkes and applesauce (Hey! It is Hanukkah) I hear crying coming from the bedroom along with barfing sounds. Whenever you hear that combination you know it's NOT GOING TO BE GOOD! Yep, throw-up - on my pillow. Why oh why couldn't she have been on Clint's side? I rush her off to the bathroom but of course she was all done vomiting by then. Did I mention all over my pillow? Into the bath she went. I had 5 minutes to bathe her, get her dressed, and run #5 to school. It was a miracle we made it. I think I even set a new world record. -NO LIE-
Once I called the school to excuse her because she was sick, a miraculous healing took place and she's been fine ever since. No more headache, no more stomach ache. (It's a Miracle!)
"So, Mom, what do you want to do today?"
"Aren't you so glad I'm home with you today so you don't have to be all alone?"
"Let's bake something."
"Can we make rainbow flower cookies?"
Sure thing! But only because you're my baby and I like to spoil you and coddle you.
And that's the end of that.
3. A boy Clint and I teach at church brought us a Christmas gift . I think it's one of the sweetest things ever. It made my day!
4. Did I ever tell you about the time Clint was a human Christmas tree and all the kids at church got to decorate him? That's the most handsome Christmas tree I've ever seen. He even smelled like pine for the rest of the day (okay, no, not really, but that would have been really cool!)
5. Christmas is in a week! 7 days!!!! I had planned to finish wrapping my gifts today but that didn't happen (See #2), and I'm starting to feel the crunch.
Spiritual Enlightenment HERE