Apr 9, 2015

Easter 2015


 The 'Hunt' this year was typical of past years.  The two youngest awoke at 7:00 am.
 We distracted them with breakfast and stories until a little after 8:00 when we allowed them to wake up their older siblings.  (Only one chose not to get up and join us - His loss!)
Everyone scurries around trying to find as many candy-filled eggs as possible.  Eggs were everywhere and there was plenty for all.
 There may have even been too many.  #4 quickly filled up his basket and resorted to storing the remainder of his eggs down his tucked-in shirt.
 For some reason, while inside his shirt, they all opened up and he had quite the fun time getting everything out.

 Once all the eggs have been found, everyone opens their eggs and removes the loot from inside. 
 Some of the children mix all their candy together-
Others sort and separate each individual kind.
The eggs are collected and stored until next year when we'll leave them out again for the Easter Bunny to fill and hide once more.

My favorite part of Easter isn't the candy or the eggs (although this year I wasn't even tempted to steal any treats from the children's baskets).  My favorite part of Easter is taking some time to reflect on my Savior Jesus Christ and what He did for me.  He died so that I might live.  He suffered and bled from every pore so that I could be washed clean of every sin and return again into the presence of my loving Heavenly Father.  Without Jesus Christ there would be no hope, and no peace.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me.
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified. -That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled, and died.
I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.
That He should extend His great love unto such as I.
Oh, it is wonderful - wonderful to me.