Feb 16, 2016

Sweethearts 2016

It is with a heavy heart that I write this little blog post.
Last Saturday was #2's last ever Sweethearts dance (unless she becomes a high school teacher and gets drawn for chaperone duty, of course.)
Here she is with her cute date.  Can you read her facial expression?
Let's look closer -
In case you don't speak teenager, let me translate:  her expression is saying "Hurry Up and take the dang picture mom so we can go!"
(Please ignore the blurriness.  I was feeling the pressure and forgot to focus the camera lens.)
It was bad enough that her little sister (#5) video recorded the whole thing. From the pick up, to the awkward boutonniere pinning (In our family we call it a booty-near because we can never spell boutonniere right. It's easier that way!), to the picture taking by yours truly, to the descent out the door and into the car.

Yay-ya!- having little siblings- ROCKS!

Remember what her brother did her first Sweethearts?  You can refresh you memory HERE.
Since I had taken a picture with her for her first Sweethearts Dance. . . .
(no idea what is on my shirt)
 I wanted a picture with her for her last.

Then Clint got jealous and wanted a picture too

 so I took a picture with him.
(I kid, I kid!)
 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 
WHY DO THEY HAVE TO GO AND GROW UP?!